If you’re like most entrepreneurs and business owners, your time is especially precious. Chances are high there’s a stack of industry magazines sitting near your desk collecting dust or a slew of unread emails with tips, tricks, and ten zillion ways to better your business/life/hairline. So how do you stay on top of your game and still have some semblance of a life outside of the office? Here I’m sharing five must-read business blogs for entrepreneurs that are worth your time to read. The star-studded lineup is here in 3…2…1…
- Marie Forleo is a motivational speaker, life coach, author, and tv show host with a passion for helping people uncover the best in themselves. From the east coast her accessibility and unconventional fun style make her blog a must read for both male and female entrepreneurs. With a background covering the gamut, from Wall Street to MTV to Conde Nast Marie says she’s a ‘Multi-Passionate Entrepreneur’ because [she] just didn’t (and never will) fit into a conventional box. With an impressive fan base that includes Tony Robbins, Oprah, and Richard Branson, this is one bookmark you’ll love coming back to again and again.
- The EO Octane blog is the enhanced cyber version of Octane magazine delivering useful content geared specifically for entrepreneurs by the Entrepreneur’s Organization. Casting a wide net of resources for entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) has been around for 30 years and its membership spans 52 countries with over 12,000 members. While joining the organization requires a membership, reading their blog chock full of resources and best practices, doesn’t. If you are a member or join, let me know as I’ve been in EO for many years now and its one of my favorite business organizations.
- Chances are you’re a self made entrepreneur and your degree from the school of hard knocks hangs proudly in your office. Having that life experience is invaluable but lots of budding entrepreneurs have made their start at the Close School of Entrepreneurship – the first freestanding school offering degrees in entrepreneurship. There’s immeasurable value to be had by being connected to a fresh stream of ideas and innovations that stem from our up and coming entrepreneurs. Covering a variety of topics from cybersquatting to investments, this is a great resource for entrepreneurs.
- The IMPACT Blog is just what its name says – making an impact: in business, in your life, in the world! Subscribe and right off the bat, you’ll receive a free copy of “Mastering the Essentials of an Inbound Marketing Website” to download. This branding and design firm provides a regular (but not annoying) stream of helpful marketing hints no self-respecting CEO ignores at their company. Bob Ruffalo, its founder and CEO, helped IMPACT achieve its status as one of HubSpot’s Diamond Partner Agencies and secured its place as one of the top inbound marketing agencies in the country.
- A digital analyst, anthropologist, and futurist, Brian Solis is your watchdog for the latest technological developments and how to leverage technology to improve the customer experience. On the Brian Solis blog, you will find tips on how to deliver a better customer service experience, such as how to stop “assuming” about your customers and start delivering a more uniform customer experience across all channels. Which is pretty darned important, because without them, you wouldn’t have a business, right?
Being an entrepreneur is a super fun gig and there are a ton more resources available to help you grow personally and professionally that I haven’t even touched on. I’d love to hear from you what other entrepreneurial blogs inspire you.